For the purposes of this and future agreements, the term “Studio” refers to 2K Musik. In like manner, the term “Client” refers to the person or company named on the booking message, invoice or Rental Agreement.
MIXING & MASTERING PROCESS CAN MAKE IT OR BREAK IT
You want your music to be played and appreciated all over the world by your fans. Once your songs are out, there is no going back. The songs are out in the real world forever! The last thing you want is to hate your songs for the next decade.
Let’s create something you will be proud of.
You’ve written lyrics you can be proud of; You have a vision of what you want to deliver to the world so now is the to put your baby into professionals’ hands.
2K Musik will be working with you to turn your vision into a finished, polished product that you and your fans can enjoy for the rest of your lives.
What you get
-Stems provided (mixed)
You can get stems of each tracks of the session.
- Bounce in stereo provided (mixed)
The fiinal bounce is provided
-Alternative versions provided: Clean, Acapella, Live, Instrumental (mastered)
Alternative versions are delivered upon request
-x3 back & forth included for modifications
You are authorized to modify the work done 3 times. Those are your chance to give thought and really make it sound how you feel it. My advice, no rush think it carefully.
What you do not get
These are the things that are not included in the price. If needed, we do offer most of these services at an extra charge.
You do not get any session whether it is Pro tools or any other DAW or Recording System.
This includes guitar editing, Bass editing, drum editing, vocal editing, pitch correction, etc.
This includes post production, FX, arrangements or mixing & mastering of the instrumentals depending on the service you chose.
Any persons may be asked to leave and may be barred from our premises and facilities if they initiate or are involved in any of the following:
Willful damage to any part of the interior or exterior of the building.
Graffiti to any part of the interior or exterior of the building.
Willful damage to studio equipment or hired equipment
Tampering, disabling or attempting to disable any Health & Safety equipment or fittings.
Physical/verbal abuse to staff or don’t Poke the BEAR guests and visitors.
Any activity that constitutes or is regarded as in breach of any part of these Terms and Conditions.
As the hirer you have the opportunity to bring in guests for projects. All new users must sign the CLIENT REGISTRATION FORM, but guests may enter having signed the GUEST BOOK at the foyer. It is important that you are aware as the host of these guests that you are responsible for their conduct and safety at the studio facility. Keeping guests to a minimum ensures maximum productivity.
1. The Client agrees to pay for studio time at the rate in effect at the time of booking. The specified non-refundable deposit is required to confirm studio booking. Rates are subject to change without notice. When booking at 2K Musik you are entering into a contract by which you are agreeing unconditionally on behalf of the artist/band to abide by the studio’s terms and conditions as detailed below.
2. The Studio will provide studio time and the services of a recording engineer for the duration required by the Client (unless instructed otherwise). Any additional time required for providing Studio services, including, but not limited to, mixing, mastering, creating additional versions, stems and adding to or modifying tracks require additional fees.
Session bookings, times and dates are subject to availability and approval from a member of the 2K Musik. 2K Musik reserve the right to refuse and reschedule any confirmed bookings.
3. Payment can be made with cash or credit/debit card or interact. It is the responsibility of the artist to cover the cost of each session in full either in advance or on the day of the session. A deposit is required to confirm all bookings. This deposit is non-refundable or transferable. The remainder of the studio bill should be paid in full on the first day of your session Late payment will lead to an additional fee of $10, and refusal to pay may lead to prosecution. No Call/No shows that have paid deposit will result in loss of monies and studio time, non-refundable. 2K Musik management reserves the right to implement these payment terms where applicable. All session files are deleted from 2k’s hard drives 90 days after session completion unless otherwise specified. Please bring a backup storage device if you require your multi-tracks.
4. When Studio session is booked, the time the Client has requested is then reserved for the Client and becomes unavailable for others to rent. If the Client chooses to end the session early, the Client will still be responsible for payment for the entire time in which they have reserved. The Client will not be entitled to a refund or credit if they choose not to utilize the time reserved in its entirety. Failure to produce full payment will result in the studio withholding session time, all copies of recordings, masters or session files until all fees have been paid and funds have cleared. You must pay for the full amount of hours you book; it’s not our responsibility to manage your studio time.
5. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of a booked recording session or other scheduled services by the Client with less than a 48-hour notice BEFORE the scheduled session, the Client agrees to forfeit the deposit placed to hold the booked session time. For sessions scheduled less than 48-hours before the session, the deposit is non-refundable. All deposits for sessions booked as part of a promotion are also non-refundable. No Call/No shows that have paid deposit will result in loss of monies and studio time, non-refundable. Cancellations as a result of adverse weather conditions such as snow will be rescheduled. The Client may reduce the time of a scheduled session by contacting the Studio at least 48 hours BEFORE the start of the session, as long as the reduced time adheres to the Studio’s Terms regarding Booking Minimums. If the Client fails to request a reduction within the specified time, the reserved time cannot be reduced and the previous Terms will remain in effect. Studio Rentals booked less than 48 hours before the start of the session cannot be modified. Engineers are not authorized to negotiate a time reduction after a session begins.
6. All Studio time extension requests are contingent upon Studio availability and must be paid in advance. Regular rates apply to additional Studio time and services provided. If the original session was booked through a promotion, the extended time will be charged at the regular Studio rate at the time of the session.
7. If the Client arrives late for a scheduled session, he will be responsible for payment of the period of time he was scheduled and the time will not be extended. This amount includes payment for a sound engineer, if included on the booking agreement. If the Client is late in excess of 15 minutes, the Studio reserves the right to cancel the session and the Client forfeits all deposits.
8. Studio “Time” includes set-up, break-down, breaks taken by the Client/Artists and engineer. For sessions lasting 8 hours and longer, the engineer will be entitled to a 30 minute meal break per session. All such time is on-the-clock.
9. The Studio will not issue a refund AFTER a recording session has been performed and/or MP3 or WAV files have been delivered to the Client. We make every effort in working with the Client to deliver the highest quality product per the Client’s expectations. Studio Rental and other services are also non-refundable.
10. The Studio shall not transfer recording files or copies thereof to the Client or Client’s representative until all outstanding balances are paid in full. Until such time as the Client has met the monetary terms of the Studio’s Service Agreement, all recording files will be left at the Studio. When the Client has successfully fulfilled their monetary obligation to the full satisfaction of the agreement, the Studio will release the recording files to the Client. Any and all material protected by copyright shall remain the property of the copyright holder.
11. The Client hereby releases the Studio from any liability for harm or damage that may occur to property, equipment or persons in Client’s party while on Studio grounds. 2K Musik is not legally responsible for items brought into the premises by the artist. This includes instruments as well as any data storage units (for audio and session backup) left at 2K Musik. Please make sure that you do not leave personal items unattended and ensure that you take all of your belongings with you when you leave. 2K Musik is not responsible for any personal items that are lost on the premises.
12. The Client hereby agrees that the Studio, under its own discretion, may use their photos, voice, works, name or likeness for purposes of promoting the studio. This will be done through Social Media, Blog, news and any other appropriate platform where a Client’s talent will be showcased for the benefit of the Studio. The Studio upholds in high regard the privacy of the Clients. For this reason, the Studio will never sell, share or download the Client’s recordings without prior written consent from the Client.
13. Any damage caused to studio equipment due to misuse and abuse will be charged to the artist/band/individual. Refusal to pay for breakages will lead to exclusion and prosecution. If an item of equipment is damaged or missing at the start of your session please report it to the session technician/engineer immediately.
14. Clients are allowed a maximum of 3 guests during the recording sessions. 2K Musik must be given 24hr notice when requesting additional guests & apply. The client must get approval from a 2KMG staff member prior to showing up with additional guests.
15. Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere inside the studio complex. If you leave the premises to smoke, please ensure that you are a safe distance from the studio and that your cigarette stubs are disposed of appropriately. When leaving and entering the complex, please remember that the entry door must be kept shut and locked at all times. Any theft or damages that occur as a result of the door being left open will be chargeable to the artist/band
16. You are permitted to bring your own food( snacks) and drink into the studio; however, this must not be placed on any of the equipment under any circumstances. Please store your food and drink in the kitchen/lounge area. Any damage caused to studio equipment due to spillages and negligence with food and drink will be charged as per our damages policy above. Please help us to keep the studio tidy by placing any rubbish in the trash bins provided.
17. The engineer can stop the session at any time if he feels the client/artist/band is no longer able to perform adequately due to alcohol, drugs or any kind of intoxication.
18. Should any portion of this Agreement prove to be unlawful or invalid, the remainder of the agreement shall continue to be upheld as a valid and binding contract. This Agreement is governed by the laws and statutes of Canada. In the event of a disagreement between the Client and the Studio regarding the performance of the Agreement, both parties hereby agree to attempt to resolve their issues through mediation. If an agreement cannot be reached through mediation, the order set forth through litigation will be followed according to the terms of that order and attorney’s fees will be paid by the party found to be at fault.
There is a $20, non-refundable clean-up fee applied to sessions where
Legacy staff sees applicable (excessive trash, food leftovers)
· Be on time and prepared
· Bring your instrumental or have download link ready
· Bring Hard drive or flash to take your files upon completion
If you cannot abide by these terms and conditions, please do not book a session.
Recording sessions will be available by Fall 2020.